Mathieson’s Bakery was established in 1872 supplying its own retail shops in the local area. Fast forward to the modern day and its focused has switched to supplying the major retailers. However it has never lost touch with its core set of values which have stood the test of time.
Our Vision Is
To be the chosen supplier of crafted cake, delicious chilled treats and ambient desserts.
Mathieson’s have a set of core values that decide how we do business both as an organisation and as individuals.
The values that guide our behaviours are :
- Quality – Is something that we are very proud of and is part of everything that we do “Only the best will do”.
- High Levels of service – To deliver above and beyond the customers’ expectations in delivery of products and service
- Innovation – We will be innovative, constantly challenging the status quo and seeking new and better ways of doing things, not afraid of taking risks when justified
- Inclusion – Committed to one team, we will act cohesively in all our activities and dealings with customers
- Pride and Confidence – Confident in our own ability and the ability of the organisation, pride in everything we do and say that relates to our business Fast and Flexible – We believe this to be our USP
We value diversity and value employees from varied backgrounds as they enrich our culture and support our commercial success. Our diversity helps us to attract the best people to Mathiesons and allows us to reflect the diversity of the world around us better, our consumer base and the community in which we operate. Through a culture of inclusiveness, we also aim to inspire the best in our people, earn their trust, increase their engagement and promote pride in our company.